Sunday, November 3, 2013

Asian Tuna Salad

 Asian Tuna Salad

Let me begin by saying that I fairly often judge meals by the amount of time it takes to prepare them and the amount of cleanup required. Taste is number one, of course. But for those of us who wash our dishes by hand everyday I'm sure you understand. 

This meal is one of my go-to meals for when I'm having a lazier day. I've taken the recipe from Ready Set Eat and modified it to have a bit more of a zing! Also it took me a couple tries to get the portions correct. The original recipe claims to make 4 wraps but it only made 2 and one pitiful excuse for one when I made it. My husband is a big, hungry man and we ended up having to get takeout that night.


Regardless, I knew this recipe had potential. It just lacked a certain "freshness" and "pop."

Here is the final recipe for Asian Tuna Salad:
  • 16oz tuna in water 
  • 1 cup matchstick carrots
  • 1/4 cup sliced radishes (optional) 
  • 1/4 cup sliced green onion
  • 1/2 cups sweet and sour sauce
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves 
  • 1/4-1/2 cup slivered almonds
  • 1 large head of lettuce OR whatever bread you'd like to put it on


Directions

  1. Mix tuna with all remaining ingredients, except lettuce, in medium bowl. Spoon 1/4 cup tuna mixture onto each lettuce leaf. Wrap leaf around filling to serve.
- See more at: http://www.readyseteat.com/recipes-Asian-Tuna-Lettuce-Wraps-5198.html#sthash.Fd4bSrxA.dpuf
Directions:
  • Mix all ingredients (sans the lettuce and bread) together in a small mixing bowl. Apply liberally to lettuce leaves or bread. Enjoy! 

Bonus: This meal is HEALTHY!

No comments:

Post a Comment